Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Grilled Garden Veggie Pizza

Do you know all those great summer pizzas all the recipe sites are showing? The ones with the wonderful garden fresh vegetables? I make those often. They are very simple and so delicious.

I can't wait for a few more weeks until I can enjoy my harvest on some terrific summer pizza.

I was never quite happy with my pizza crusts when I had to cook them in the oven. Pizza stones and cast iron skillets made them much better, but a good restaurant quality pizza crust kept escaping me... until last summer.

Last summer, my good friend, Lynette introduced me to the Pamper Chef Pizza Grill Pan. Lynette isn't giving me anything for this little plug.

Now I make my pizza on the grill. The thing that I found out about grilling pizza is that it is fast and it results in an excellent crust. If you want it to be even faster, you can pick up a store bought crust in the freezer section at your grocery store. My Juniata County friends can find frozen pizza crust at Schlegel's... because Schlegel's has everything! lol

You can get the grill temperature up into the 500 to 600 degree range and have a crisp crusted smokey flavored gem. Use you garden veggies as topping and an you have the perfect summer dinner to pair with a salad... grown in your garden of course.



These are my actual pizzas cooked on my grill with a Pampered Chef  Pizza Grill Pan. If you are looking for your own pizza grill pan, you can check them out here: Lynette's Pampered Kitchen


No comments:

Post a Comment