Pages

Saturday, June 21, 2014

In My Spare Time...

What do I do when I am not gardening? Well, since my square foot garden doesn't require a huge investment of time, I have started to dabble in some other ventures. I was introduced to essential oils a while back by one of my best friends, Terri, and then my sister-in-law, Julie.

The thing with essential oils is that you don't necessarily just use them by themselves. They get added to something to make them better. I have wicked dry skin so one of the first things I started doing was adding them to body butters that I made from scratch using Shea butter and other natural products.

I have a few really good recipes for body butters and a few other things and have been making those things for a few months now. So today, I decided to try my hand at making some soap. This was a clear hemp based soap with tea tree oil.


Hemp soap tends to dry out your skin a little and tea tree oil has some anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, so they made the perfect combination for an acne soap for my teenagers. 


I don't know how it is going to work, but it was fun making it. It also gives me recipes to dabble in that don't expand my waist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment