Pages

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Things Are Really Growing Now!

The most amazing thing about my garden is that I am a complete novice gardener. And here I am, half way thought the summer growing season and I have all these terrific veggies... and herbs and some things are on their second planting of the season. 

Here is my second harvest of broccoli.

I am still getting lettuce from the first planting, even though it is showing a little bit of "bolt." I have already planted a second batch of Butter Crunch lettuce. That is Leo's favorite. 

My basil that I started from seed is doing pretty well. I just need to fine that culprit that is putting little holes in it so I can send them somewhere else. 

The Italian parsley is looking great. I have gotten a few harvests from it so far.

And the dream of every Italian gardener... the coveted Roma tomato. These will be roasted in garlic and olive oil and then made into sauce as well as other things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment