Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

You Really Can Just Eat Eggs and Veggies!

I have been teasing the kids, ever since I planted my garden, that if I got good enough at growing veggies, I could stop going to the grocery store. I jokingly told them that we could just gather eggs from the chickens and harvest things from the garden when ever they got hungry.

Then I saw this thing of beauty, an egg with greens, roasted tomatoes and avocado slices on some nice grilled bread that looks almost too heavenly to eat.

How perfect would this be for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

I make egg sandwiches all the time, but I never thought to make one with veggies.

Tomorrow, I will collect the eggs from the chickens, snip off a leaf or two from some of the broccoli plants and see what I can come up with.

I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment